Tune Up Your Homeschool: Music Space Setup 2-Hour Challenge
Do you desire to do music education with your kids each year, only to find that life and other homeschool commitments always get in the way?
Then, you NEED this challenge!
You’ll do a homeschool music space setup, learning all the ins and outs, and completing the challenge in only 2 hours!
Come join this challenge to get your homeschool space set up in only 2 hours
Gena Mayo, homeschool mom of 8 and music teacher for 30 years, will guide you to get organized in prepared so that music education WILL happen in your homeschool this coming school year.
And, it will only take 2 hours!
LIVE on Thursday, August 10 at 1pm CST.
(Replay will be available if you can’t attend live.)
Use coupon code SUMMER20 to get it for only $4! (Must purchase by August 9.)
What will we do?
Part 1: First 30 Minutes – Zoom Call Session (1-1:30pm CST)
- We will discuss the purpose of this 2-hour challenge: To set up an organized and effective music education space in your homeschool for the upcoming school year.
- We will highlight the importance of music education: Gena will share the benefits of incorporating music into homeschooling and how it enhances children’s learning and development.
Section 1: Planning the Music Space
- Assess your available space.
- Identifying your needs.
- Safety considerations.
Section 2: Choosing Instruments and Equipment
- Selecting suitable instruments (if required).
- Recommended audio equipment.
- Possible online resources.
Section 3: Organizing the Music Space
- Setting up storage solutions.
- Optimal room layout.
- Personalization and inspiration.
Section 4: Money matters
- Budgeting tips.
- Smart purchasing strategies.
- Explain the challenge for getting set up during the next hour.
Part 2: One-Hour Set-Up-Your-Space Challenge (1:30-2:30pm CST)
Gena will remain on the Zoom call for answering any questions that may occur during the hour.
Part 3: Sharing Time and Final Thoughts (2:30-3:00pm CST)
- Share pictures of your set-up music space!
- Answer any other questions
Your Instructor: Gena Mayo
Gena Mayo is a homeschooling mom of 8 who has been teaching music in various forms for 30 years. She has a Bachelors degree in Music Education and a Masters degree in Vocal Pedagogy (teaching voice lessons).
It has been her joy to teach elementary and junior high choir, high school voice classes, private voice lessons for teens through adults, early childhood music and movement classes (babies through preschool), elementary general music, and music appreciation for elementary through high school.
But, her favorite music teaching experience has been as musical director for stage musicals such as Seussical, Shrek, Singing in the Rain, Newsies, and Beauty and the Beast. It is Gena’s desire to help all homeschoolers easily include music in their homeschools!
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the challenge start and finish?
- How long do I have access to the challenge course?
- What if I am unhappy with the challenge course?