Become a Sponsor at Music in Our Homeschool
If you have a music product that would be of interest to readers of Music in Our Homeschool, we welcome your
- Music Lessons
To submit something or ask a question, please use the contact form below. Posts should be 750 or more words. (Longer articles tend to rank better in search lately.) Include a short bio. Html format is preferred. If you include photos, the photos must be taken by you. Otherwise, I’ll choose photos. If you have a website or music product for sale, you are welcome to link to it. If I am a part of your affiliate program, I will include my affiliate link.
You will be sent a Paypal invoice for $100 per post. All articles are shared at least once in the Music in Our Homeschool email newsletter (5500 subscribers), and continually on Pinterest, Facebook page and group, and Twitter (6500+ total followers).
SEPTEMBER SALE: 50% off ~ $50 per post!
Other perks of being a sponsor:
You are eligible to join the “Homeschool With Music” group Pinterest board.
I will share about you and your product/company in my Facebook group “Music in Our Homeschool,” which currently has over 2000 members.
Here are our wonderful contributors!
- Gena Mayo: Gena Mayo is the owner of Music in Our Homeschool, Gena is a veteran homeschool mom of 8, ages 15 down to 3, and music teacher (choir director, early childhood music and movement, voice lessons, music appreciation, musical theater) of 20 years. You can also find her blogging about home, family, and homeschooling at I Choose Joy! She is the author of 21 Lessons in 20th Century American Music Appreciation and has plans to write more in the series in 2016.
- Marcia Washburn: Marcia Washburn holds a Master’s in Music Education and taught public school music prior to the birth of their oldest son. She has operated several businesses including a profitable piano studio. She and her husband homeschooled their five sons in rural Colorado for nineteen years. A regular contributor to home education magazines, Mrs. Washburn also speaks nationally and internationally. Her books include Beethoven Who?, Activity Days for Homeschool Groups and Families; Talent to Treasure: Building a Profitable Music Teaching Business; Teach Your Family to Play the Soprano Recorder; Homemade Convenience Foods; the Management for Moms Series; and Home-Based Eldercare: Stories and Strategies for Caregivers. Visit her website at MarciaWashburn.com for these great resources, articles, and more.
- Amy Schorr: Amy Schorr is a former public school teacher who has been educating her children at home for seven years, as well as teaching at homeschool cooperative groups. She is a reluctant transplant from Indiana to Illinois, but the move has been made more bearable by her Bible study and book club groups. She has been married for 27 years and has two boys, ages 17 and 14, who don’t care about music nearly as much as she does.
- Amy Paxton: Amy Paxton is blessed in music. Her parents sang, read music, participated in high school and community theater, took her folk dancing across the country and played instruments. She has taken music lessons and taught lessons of one sort or another for much of her life. She was encouraged and nurtured to have curiosity and try. She was encouraged to be open and unafraid and learned that she is happier with music in her life than without. She has tried, not always successfully, to nurture the same curiosity and willingness to try with her own children.
- Kathy Gossen: Kathy Gossen seeks to encourage others to live for Jesus in the everyday. Whether its homeschooling two wiggly worms, organizing closets, or cooking for a picky eater, her life as an Oklahoma homemaker can sometimes feel far from glamorous. However, as Kathy shares on Cornerstone Confessions, anyone can be a domestic diva when they draw on the divine. She is the author of And the Word Became Flesh, Encompass Preschool Curriculum, and several other co-written endeavors. To learn more about Kathy, you can connect with her on her blog, Google Plus, Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Erica Johns: Erica Johns has spent most of the past 18 years homeschooling her six children, and she is owner of Enrichment Studies and Menu Planning Central.
- Joseph Hoffman: Joseph Hoffman is a composer, conductor, and piano teacher. He runs a successful piano academy using a special style of teaching called the Hoffman Method in Portland, Oregon and provides his piano lessons on video for free at HoffmanAcademy.com.
- Annette Breedlove: Annette Breedlove has been married to her husband and best friend for 10 years. Together they are raising their four children to follow the Lord’s will, no matter what. Annette longs for the day when she will meet her 5 angel babies who have entered heaven before her. She enjoys creating FREE PRINTABLES for homeschool families and she gets her scrapbooking fix in by making Subway Art for herself and her readers. You can follow her crazy life at In All You Do where she blogs about homeschooling, gluten- and grain-free recipes (when she cooks), homemaking, the occasional DIY projects and maintaining her sanity. You can also keep up with her via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
- Diana Waring: A pioneer in homeschooling, Diana Waring cares about how and what people learn. Not only is she an international speaker (4 continents and counting!), she is the author of the Experience History Through Music series and the History Revealed curriculum series. Follow her witty and practical blog at dianawaring.com/blog, check out her fast-paced, God-honoring, sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat-in-suspense world history products, and discover America’s fascinating history as seen through folk music . Learning has NEVER been this fun!
- Jerry Berger: Jerry is a homeschool dad of 3 and public school music teacher of 20 years. He also participates on the worship team at his church and performs in musical theater. You can read more about his favorite music resources at his blog www.westgatemusic160.blogspot.com.
- Michael Mayo: Michael is an intellectual property attorney with an undergraduate degree in biochemistry. He has been married to his love Gena Mayo since 1998 and they have 8 children whom they homeschool together.
- Melanie Wilson: Dr. Melanie Wilson is a Christian psychologist turned homeschooling mother of six. She shares sanity-saving ideas at Psychowith6.com and her podcast, The Homeschool Sanity Show. She is also the author of The Organized Homeschool Life: A Week-By-Week Guide to Homeschool Sanity and So You’re Not Wonder Woman?: How Your Super Power Can Change Your Life.
- Susie Kolterman: Susie is a homeschooling mom of 6 and piano teacher of 5 years. She loves to garden and keeps chickens!
- Lindsey Schwindt: Lindsey is a music teacher of online music history and music theory classes at CurrClick Live. She is married and was homeschooled herself. You may email her with questions at [email protected].
- Michelle Habrych: Michelle is a homeschooling mom of 2 teens. She is creative in her teaching techniques and has lots of great tips for homeschoolers. See more of her articles at http://ichoosejoy.org.
- Amy Puetz Fox: Amy is a homeschool graduate and servant of Jesus Christ who loves history. She is the author of Heroes, Heroines, and Tales of Ancient History and Heroes and Heroines of the Past: American History. In these elementary history books, history comes to life by using all five senses. To see a sample, visit her website. Amy lives in Wyoming with her loving husband, Carl.
- Martha Reineke: Martha is a former music educator in western Ohio, having taught choir, music theory, band, and private lessons. Having 14 years experience home schooling her children, her passion is to instill a passion in others for music. Find some excellent free music resources at www.freeschoollinks.wordpress.
- Tavia Armstrong: Tavia is an award-winning freelance writer, speaker, author and homeschooling mother of three awesome kids. She resides in Oklahoma, where she enjoys spending time with her family, reading old books, and appreciating nature. She also really likes bacon. Find Tavia’s ebooks (including History of Rock and Roll) at The Unplanned Homeschooler.
- Christa Brown: Christa is a former classroom teacher turned homeschooling mama to three! She runs a cottage school for other homeschooled families two days a week and teaches music/history at a tutorial school. When she’s not teaching, she spends her time as a curriculum designer, freelance writer, and blogger at Little Log Cottage School.
- Nikki Truesdell: Nicki is a 2nd-generation homeschooler and mother to 5. She loves books, freedom, history and quilts, and blogs about all of these at nickitruesdell.com. She believes that homeschooling can be relaxed and that history is fun, and both can be done with minimal cost or stress, no matter your family’s circumstances. You can also find her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.