Are you ready to join us for some holiday fun?
My friends Dachelle McVey, Alisha Gratehouse, Olivia Gratehouse, and I are bringing you a special one-day/one-hour event called: What the Dickens? A Christmas Carol Teatime!
See all details and sign up (it’s free!) below.
What is What the Dickens? A Christmas Carol Teatime?
Get ready for What the Dickens? A Christmas Carol Teatime with Alisha and Olivia Gratehouse from Masterpiece Society, Dachelle McVey from Literary Adventures for Kids, and me, Gena Mayo from Music in Our Homeschool!
Mark your calendars for November 27, 2023, and join us as we transport ourselves to Victorian England in preparation for a holiday season filled with learning and excitement. We’ll be diving into Charles Dicken’s classic book, A Christmas Carol, with art, music, literature, costumes, and more!
The best part?
You can join in from the comfort of your own home! We’ll be streaming A Christmas Carol Teatime live to your device, so pick your favorite spot and get ready to embark on this adventure with us!
How to Join?
We’ll be streaming “What the Dickens?: A Christmas Carol Teatime with Dachelle, Gena, Alisha and Olivia” from a private Zoom room, so you will need to register as soon as possible to reserve your spot. Once you’ve registered, you will receive a private link with a password to enter.
What’s the schedule?
November 27: 10:30am – 11:30am Central Time
10:30-10:40 Teatime with Mr. Dickens with Dachelle
10:40-11:00 Christmas Caroling in the Victorian Era with Gena “Here We Come A-Wassailing!”
11:00-11:20 Simple Ways to Honor Christmas in Your Heart, plus create a Victorian Christmas card with Alisha & Olivia
11:20-11:30 Teatime with Ghost of Christmas Present with Dachelle
Who is it for?
Mainly for upper elementary through high school, but the whole family will enjoy A Christmas Carol Teatime.
What will we do during teatime?
- Dressing in costume, of course!
- Listen to music and talk about caroling during the Victorian Era when Charles Dickens lived
- Share some simple Victorian ideas for Christmas
- Introduce the art pieces & create a Victorian Christmas card
- Have Christmas teatime and learn about the language of Charles Dickens
What’s the cost?
How to sign up?
Click the button below! You’ll be taken to a signup page. After signing up, check your email for the Zoom link to the party!
What supplies are needed?
Want to extend the A Christmas Carol Teatime for the whole holiday season?
Enroll in Christmas Lit Camp
Are you looking for ways to keep your kids engaged during the holidays? We’ve got a solution for you!
Christmas Lit Camp has all the ingredients of a charming holiday camp PLUS books! Your kids will meet new friends and have fun based on a classic Christmas ghost story. It’s the perfect combination of learning and fun for your kids.
Join us on a Christmas tale of adventure as we journey through Charles Dicken’s beloved classic, A Christmas Carol – the perfect Christmas read for kids of all ages!
Enroll in A Very Merry Christmas Carol art course
In this brand new art course called A Very Merry Christmas Carol, Olivia creates pieces based on the story of Ebenezer Scrooge who receives a visit by three ghostly guests on Christmas Eve night. After these visits, Scrooge has a change of heart, and mends his miserly ways, vowing to always honor Christmas in his heart by giving of himself to others.
We will create five pieces inspired by A Christmas Carol in a colorful, Victorian style:
- Ebenezer Scrooge
- the Ghost of Christmas Past
- the Ghost of Christmas Present
- the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come
- a Christmas Wreath
On sale for $20 off – no coupon necessary!
Enroll in the Christmastide Morning Time Session
Also, grab a copy of Awaken to Delight’s Christmastide Morning Time Session
It’s on sale for $20 off – no coupon necessary!
Celebrate Advent through Epiphany (+ some Victorian Christmas traditions) with these done-for-you Charlotte Mason-inspired morning time plans! From elementary through high school, we’ve got you covered with this gorgeous 4-week study.
Everything is already curated, gathered, and scheduled out for you. All you have to do is print out the pages you want to use, gather your family around and enjoy!
The following are included in your 6-week morning time session:
- 6-week Calendar with each subject scheduled on it
- Prayer and scripture memorization
- Copywork selections from Elizabeth’s Song, The Magnifcat, Luke 2:6-20. by in primary, elementary, cursive, and a notebook sheet for high school students (and moms)
- Memory Work: Prayer, scripture memory, and poetry memorization
- Living Books recommended reading list
- Artist & Picture Study: Edward Burne-Jones with three printable art pieces
- Composer Study: George Frideric Handel with Messiah (+ listening link)
- Author Study: Charles Dickens
- Four Christmas poetry selections
- Hymn Study: Angels We Have Heard on High, with sheet music and listening links
- Folk Song Study: Here We Come A-Wassailing, with sheet music and listening links
- 6 Christmas Recipes: Christmas Pudding, St. Nicholas Honey Cakes, St. Lucia Saffron Buns, Sugarplums, Wassail, and Twelfth Night Cake
- 4 Stories for Teatime Reading: A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens, Little Women, Chapter II: A Merry Christmas by Louisa May Alcott, The Tailor of Gloucester, by Beatrix Potter, The Noel Candle, by Clement C. Moore
- Handicraft: Advent Wreath
- Art Lesson: Abstract Star of Bethlehem in acrylics
- Nature study: Christmas Flora and Fauna
- 2 Virtual Field Trips: A Christmas Carol play & The Nutcracker ballet
- And much more!
- How to Replace Your Regular Elementary Curriculum With Holiday-Themed Curriculum in December
- Christmas School for Alternate Homeschool Curriculum in December
- Music for Christmas School in Your Homeschool
- Homeschool Enrichment Ideas for the Christmas Season
- Category: Christmas at Music in Our Homeschool