“The Friendly Music Staff” is a song to teach your students about the music staff! Learning the note names of the treble clef and bass clef is a basis for basic music theory and beginning music reading. And, what better way to learn them with a song!
“The Friendly Music Staff” is a song to teach your students about the lines and space names of the notes of the treble and bass clef staves. It was written by Marcia McCarry. “The Friendly Music Staff” is upbeat and fun to sing, with 5 verses.
The Song Set
Included in “The Friendly Music Staff” Song Set is:
PDF of the lyrics with the treble and bass clef notes labeled
Two audio files (MP3s) of the vocal demonstration and accompaniment
Free Sample of the PDF
Click here to see a free preview sample!
This is the pdf your students will use which includes the notes of the staff as well as the lyrics to the song.
Video of the “The Friendly Music Staff” Song:
Other Materials to Use with the Song
Here are some other materials you’ll enjoy for teaching your students beginning note reading:
- Music Alphabet Handwriting Sheets
- Music Theory Flashcards and Manipulatives
- Musical Fun Printable Set
** If you own Singing Made Easy ~ Level 1, you already own “The Friendly Music Staff” as a free bonus!
- Using Songs and Chants to Learn English Grammar
- Ten Songs All Preschoolers Should Know
- Top Resources for Learning Folk Songs in your Homeschool or Classroom
- The Top 100 Songs Every Child Should Know