Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
What is Ukulele Adventures ~ ukulele lessons for kids?
Why the Ukulele?
What’s included? Here are all the details!
Ukulele Adventures is a one-month course. But, when you purchase it, you’ll get access for three months so your child can continue coming back to the material again and again.
- What’s needed to begin
- The parts of the Ukulele
- How to tune it
- How to hold it
- The string letters and numbers
Here’s the song list:
- Are You Sleeping
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Bonus Lesson 1: Row Row Row Your Boat in a minor key
- Lunch Song (Kurt & Gretchen Original!)
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Bonus Lesson 2: Sea Chanty – John Kanaka
- Skip to My Lou
- Day-Oh (Banana Boat Song)
- Bonus Lesson 3: A backstage tour of Kurt Heinecke’s Nashville studio
- Camptown Races
- Tingalayo – a super fun Caribbean song!
- Bonus Lesson 4: Happy Birthday – Serenade your friends and family at every birthday celebration!
Plus, there’s a reward badge at the end that you can proudly display once you finish the course. You can download this book immediately after purchasing the course.
My Review of Ukulele Adventures Ukulele Lessons for Kids
My daughter and I just started Ukulele Adventures a couple of days ago. So far, we are loving it!
Kurt and Gretchen are very engaging. He’s very funny and has so many interesting instruments that he shares with us!
The first lesson explained — and showed — the different types of ukuleles and which would be best for you and your student to start with.
We learned the names of the four strings and how to remember what they’re called, how to tune the ukulele, and how to strum wit the thumb (not a pick).
In Lesson 2 we learned how to play the C chord, two songs that use only the C chord (Row Your Boat and Are You Sleeping), how to play and sing a song in a round, and how to play and sing a partner song (2 different songs sung at the same time).
The lessons are short (less than 20 minutes each), but even so we haven’t always gone straight through one in a setting. I love the flexibility here.
This course is awesome — I’m learning, too!
Where to Get a Ukulele?
- Ask your friends to see if they have one you can borrow for a few months.
- Check a resale or pawnshop
- Amazon is always a good choice! Here’s my Amazon shop link.
- All About the Acoustic Hymns Guitar Method online guitar lessons
- Learn to Sing with Singing Made Easy ~ Level 1
- Still Singing: Hymn Stories for Every Season
- The Top 100 Songs Every Child Should Know