The new online course World Music for Elementary is where Music Appreciation Meets World Geography! Learn all about this great resource today.
Scroll to the bottom for 2 incredible homeschool giveaways:
Both are worth $600!
What is World Music for Elementary:
World Music for Elementary is an online course for students in grades K – 6th. It’s in a simple format that will make it a breeze for any homeschool mom or classroom teacher to add it to the curriculum this year!
There are 65 lessons and each can be completed in 15-30 minutes (excluding the optional activities).
There is no prep needed, unless you’d like to use the notebooking pages. If so, print those and you’re good to go!
The optional activities often require extra materials, which is why they’re optional. Pick and choose which you’d like to do, or eliminate them altogether. (See more about optional activities below).
Each lesson is about the music of a different country or area of the world. You’ll learn about unique instruments, folk dances, songs, and styles. Listen to music sung in other languages. See indigenous people perform their music for you.
Learn to love the people and their music from all around the world!
World Music for Elementary is a perfect complement to any world geography or history course!
Where you’ll visit in World Music for Elementary:
Take your kids on a journey around the world.
Start in Oceania/Pacific Islands, Asia, and the Middle East.
Visit the countries of AfghanistanAustralia China, India Indonesia Iran, Israel, Japan Korea, Malaysia, Pacific Islands: Hawaii & Tahiti Pakistan Philippines, Nepal New Zealand Thailand Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
Then, head to Africa and visit Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Zimbabwe.
Next, you’ll travel to Europe and the countries of Austria and Switzerland (Alpine regions), Britain (England, Wales, & Scotland), Croatia, Czech Republic, Scandinavia (Finland, Norway, and Sweden), France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Bulgaria, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Spain, and Turkey.
After Europe, we fly over to North America and the Caribbean where we’ll learn about the music of American Traditional Folk Music, The Bahamas, Canada, Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Native America, and Puerto Rico.
Then, it’s down south to Central and South America where we’ll finish up by visiting Argentina, Bolivia and Andean region, Brazil, Chile, Central America (Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama), Colombia, Ecuador and the Andean region, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela.
What you’ll learn
For each country that you visit, you listen to videos to learn about indigenous instruments, musical styles, folk singing, and folk dances! What’s especially wonderful is that you get to know the people of these countries around the world by listening to their music!
Here are some examples of videos you’ll see in the course lessons:
Street musicians from Madagascar:
Bottle dancer from Paraguay:
Folk dancing singing game from Slovenia:
Young Musicians from Mexico
Instructional/Educational videos such as this one from Japan:
Notebooking Pages for World Music for Elementary
Some of the lessons include Musical Instrument Notebooking Pages for the instruments you’ll be learning about. You’ll receive the entire set of over 220 instrument pages, which can be used with other music courses or lessons!
You’ll receive the Country Fast Fact and Notebooking Pages set, which contains 66 pages for the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Barbados, Bolivia, Canada, Chile, China, Congo, Cuba, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Guatemala, Iceland, India, Iran, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mali, Mexico, Morocco, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, USA, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
Again, this set can be used outside the World Music for Elementary course as well!
Optional Activities from World Music for Elementary:
Each of the 65 lessons in World Music for Elementary contains an optional activity or two.
These are optional because they will take you beyond the 15-30 minutes promised for each lesson to take to complete, and they often require extra materials in order to complete.
But, if you do decide to do them (or at least some of them), it will bring the lesson more to life and help the student further connect with the country or culture they’re learning about that day!
Here are a few examples of Optional Activities:
- Set up an Indonesian Gamelan percussion ensemble in your house.
- Dance the Afghani Attan dance with scarves.
- Make a hula skirt to wear while you dance the hula from Hawaii.
- Make your own castanets from Spain and learn how to play them.
- Construct your own washtub bass, a homemade folk instrument from the U.S.
- Decorate Slovakian Easter eggs with melted crayons
- Drink some Thai iced tea while listening to the instruments of Thailand.
Check out Free Previews:
- Free Preview lesson for New Zealand here.
- Free Preview lesson for Slovakia, Slovenia, and Serbia here.
- Read “How to Use and FAQ” here.
- Free Samples of World Instrument Notebooking Pages and World Fact Cards printables.
Now for the giveaways . . .
Giveaway #1: The SECOND Ultimate World Geography Giveaway ~ 15 Winners!
Have you studied world geography in your elementary homeschool yet? Or, does the thought intimidate you? It doesn’t have to! There are some amazing resources out that that will make your study both super fun and super easy! Read on for The Ultimate List of Elementary World Geography Resources.
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
The Launch Sale is on! Get “World Music for Elementary” and “My First Amazing Journey Around the World” for 40% off this week! Lifetime access and 30-day money-back guarantee.
The SECOND Ultimate World Geography Giveaway
Thank you to the following companies for sponsoring the During-Launch Giveaway from August 10-15, 2020!
- Home School Adventure Co.
- Flip Flop Spanish
- Literary Adventures for Kids
- They Call Me Blessed
- Homeschool Giveaways
- Mr. D Math
- Our Journey Westward
- Techie Homeschool Mom
- Geography Matters
- Masterpiece Society
- Music in Our Homeschool
15 Winners, Prizes worth over $600, prizes are for various ages (elementary through adult!)
These are the prizes:
- Home School Adventure Co. One winner gets Walking with the Waodani unit study, ebook version ($18.95 value)
- Flip Flop Spanish One winner gets See It and Say It Whole Family Spanish curriculum, digital version (flash cards not incl.) ($49.97 value)
- Literary Adventures for Kids One winner gets Number the Stars online book club ($20 value)
- They Call Me Blessed One winner gets Hebrew for Homeschoolers online course ($77 value)
- Homeschool Giveaways One winner gets Geography Activity Pack, ebook version ($15 value)
- Mr. D Math One winner gets Flamenco Dance online course ($97 value)
- Mr. D Math One winner gets Flamenco Guitar online course ($97 value)
- Notgrass One winner gets Homeschool History annual membership ($24 value)
- Our Journey Westward One winner gets Desert Biomes No Sweat Nature Study ebook curriculum ($14 value)
- Our Journey Westward One winner gets Rainforest Biomes No Sweat Nature Study ebook curriculum ($14 value)
- Techie Homeschool Mom One winner gets Christmas Around the World Online Unit Study ($24 value)
- Techie Homeschool Mom One winner gets Ancient Greece Online Unit Study ($24 value)
- Geography Matters One winner gets Ultimate Geography & Timeline Guide, digital version ($34.95 value)
- Masterpiece Society One winner gets Art Appreciation Complete Set Two, ebook curriculum ($87 value)
- Music in Our Homeschool One winner gets $25 Amazon Gift Card to buy geography resources!
Rules: You must be 18 or older to enter to win. I ask that you only enter the giveaway if you are a homeschool mom or a teacher. Gena, I Choose Joy!, and Music in Our Homeschool are not responsible if the companies above do not fulfill the prizes to the winners.
Giveaway #2: $200 Christian Book Gift Cards ~ 3 Winners!
It’s Back to (Home) School time!!
More and more families are joining the ranks of homeschooling this year. With all of the uncertainty surrounding what public and private schools will look like this fall, it’s no wonder parents are adding the role of educator to their list of parental duties.
One of the scary and overwhelming things about making the leap into homeschooling is the financial aspect of it. Curriculum can be expensive (although it doesn’t have to be) and one of the parents might have to quit their job or cut their hours to help make homeschooling a reality for their family. While working and homeschooling or being a one-income family is totally doable, it does require some sacrifice and sometimes that means tightening the budget.
I’ve teamed up with a great group of homeschool bloggers that would like to bless a few homeschool families this year and help lighten the financial load, even if it’s just a little. We wish we could bless more, but we will be able to give THREE families $200 to spend at Christianbook.com to buy curriculum, resources, and supplies for their homeschools.
To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Now I know this is quite a few entries, but each of these bloggers has generously chipped in their own money to make this giveaway possible, so I hope you will take the time to do all of the entries. And hey, the more entries you do, the better your odds are of winning!
Rules: Giveaway ends August 14, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be a resident of U.S. or Canada to enter. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers (see the Terms & Conditions on the Rafflecopter form for the complete list).