Today’s “15-Minute Music Lesson on Music Inspired By Shakespeare” is an excerpt from a lesson in the self-paced online course entitled 10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for Grades 7th-12th.
15-Minute Music Lesson on Music Inspired By Shakespeare
(Since the total playing time of these videos is more than 15 minutes long, either listen to each one for only a few minutes or listen to a different one each day.)
A Midsummer Night’s Dream “Wedding March” by Mendelssohn (1842):
“Tonight” from West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein, a musical based on Romeo and Juliet:
The Tempest by Sibelius (1926):
“Love Theme” by Henry Mancini from the soundtrack for Franco Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet film:
Romeo and Juliet ballet by Prokoviev:
Otello opera by Rossini, duet:
Download a free 3-page Printable Pack to use with this 15-Minute Music Lesson on Music Inspired By Shakespeare:
- Composer Sheet
- Listen and Write (Tempo, Mood, Like it?, and Instruments/Voices)
- Listen and Draw
To receive the link for your printable pack in your email, please put your name and email address below and click “download.” You’ll be added to the amazing Music in Our Homeschool Newsletter list!
Learn.MusicinOurHomeschool.com Online Music Courses
If you enjoyed this free lesson, you’ll love the full music appreciation courses available at Learn.MusicinOurHomeschool.com.
I’m doing 5 Days of 15-Minute Music Lessons this week. See them all here:
- 15-Minute Music Lesson of Music Inspired by Rivers and Seas
- 15-Minute Music Lesson on Dvorak and African American Spirituals
- 15-Minute Music Lesson on Nursery Rhymes
- 15-Minute Music Lesson on Music Inspired By Shakespeare
- 15-Minute Music Lesson on Music Inspired by Outer Space