I’m so excited that our Music in Our Homeschool Facebook group has grown to over 1000 members! To celebrate I have partnered with a number of homeschool music product publishers to bring you some fun and educational items for giveaways! Enter one or all! Thanks for supporting Music in Our Homeschool and helping us to grow to give us better ways to help and support you in your homeschooling endeavors.
Click here for FREE music lessons:
If you are a homeschooler, head over to the Music in Our Homeschool private Facebook group to enter all the giveaways!
Marcia Washburn’s Beethoven Who
Beethoven Who? Family Fun with Music shows you how to:
- Unlock the mysteries of musical notation.
- Grow comfortable using the vocabulary of music.
- Find appealing classical, folk, patriotic, and sacred music.
- Enjoy fun hands-on activities with your children as you explore music together.
- Tie in music with other subjects and interests.
- Share your music with others.
What is included?
- The Elements of Music
- Classical Music Your Child Will Love—teaching tips and links for listening
- Activities to teach pitch, rhythm, form, dynamics, tempo, musical terms, etc.
- Heritage Music Every Child Should Know—folk, patriotic, and sacred
- Making Music Together
- Hundreds of external and internal links
- Glossary of Musical Terms
- Five appendices and complete index; 334 pages
Diana Waring’s All Glory, Laud, & Honor: Seventeen Centuries of Christian Hymns CD
Read all about the All Glory, Laud, & Honor CD here.Church hymns from the Early Church to the Great Awakening!
The CD contains 14 a capella arrangements of Church hymns from the Early Church to the Great Awakening!
Susan Brown’s Music Flash Card Bundle
This bundle contains four products:
- Music Intervals and Key Signatures flash cards
- Music Symbols flash cards
- Musical Terms flash cards
- Note Name Keyboard Collapse Flash Card Game
7 Sisters Homeschool’s Literature Study Guide for Hymns and Creeds
Here is what the high school student will study:
- What is a hymn?
- Some of the most well-known hymns
- Choose 5 and research them online
- Answer 7 questions (essay style) for each hymn
- Supplemental creative writing activity
- What is a creed?
- Creeds in Scripture
- The Apostles’ Creed with questions to answer
- The Nicene Creed with questions to answer
- Supplemental activity about 2 other creeds
Amy Blevins’ Composer Quotes for Copywork and Hymn Studies and Copywork
From Homeschool Copywork we have 2 sets to give away: Composer Quotes for Copywork set and Hymn Unit Study and Copywork set.
This set of copywork contains quotes from the composers Liszt, Copland, Duke Ellington, Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart.
- Amazing Grace
- Be Thou My Vision
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
- Anywhere With Jesus
- All Creatures of Our God and King
Mary Prather’s SQUILT combo of Meet the Composers and Meet the Instruments
Annette Breedlove’s Christmas Unit Study Sounds of the Season
Karen Cadera’s Grand Masters of Music online course
The History of Rock and Roll goes in-depth. Some of the videos just show a photo with the audio playing, some are recorded from concerts, some are music videos, and some are explanatory about a subject. I love how she also includes information about inventions that affected rock and roll, like the electric guitar and 45 rpm records.
The Domestic Musician’s Sing With Me Bundle
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)